Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jet-lag Makes Me Sad

So, I am here. In Firenze. Finally.

I have anticipated my arrival in Italy for quite some time, and I am glad to say I am all moved into my apartment. Ian will be here in less than a week. The longest we have ever been apart is five days, so this will be a new challenge for us. I miss him like crazy.

I have been busy with orientation events, but I am itching to get into Firenze, drink an espresso, do a little shopping and blend into a sea of anonymity found in an ancient city of locals, students and tourists. My parents and two of my best friends are headed this way, and I can't wait for them to arrive.

I am still a little jet-lagged, but here are my early impressions of the trip:

1. Pepperdine's program IS as great as everyone makes it out to be. Being here has also made me reminisce about my days with the Harding program, which is equally as great.
2. I live in a HUGE apartment, with a bathroom that is truly worthy of being used by the Medici family.
3. My hands are having trouble typing, because my fingers are frozen from the unseasonably low temperatures. Since I packed for warm weather, exclusively, I will need to get at least one sweater to get me through the cold spell and rain that is expected to last for the next seven days.

Tomorrow more orientation and hopefully, venturing into Florence a little on my own or with a few students.

Ciao regazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment