Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Am I Really Doing This?

Really? Am I really doing this?

I have been a professional writer/editor/producer for years... I have even co-authored a book. I am obsessed with news (local, national, international, entertainment, bizarre, you name it), but somehow the idea of writing a blog has been very daunting... down-right intimidating. That's only for writers like Bill Simmons, right? We'll see.

So what's changed? Italy.

I have spent a significant amount of time in Italy (especially Florence), having studied there for a semester in college and returning for vacations. But while daydreaming about my upcoming trip this summer... I thought, "I have to write about this." It's not a vacation, but not exactly work. Intrigued?

So as this winter blossoms into spring, and I busy myself with wedding showers, baby showers and weekend getaways... I hope to chronicle the time leading up to "The Trip."

For any of you reading this... (probably just my mom, sister, and husband), I promise I won't ramble on (too much, anyway) about how I truly know myself when I am in Europe . This is not "Eat, Pray, Love." Definitely, not. But I will be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment